Do you know the Sequential Organ Failure Assessment (SOFA) criteria and how to use it to support inpatient status? It's a challenge for a great number of healthcare professionals. And here's another tricky question that stymies others as well, maybe you. Do you know the respiratory failure criteria and how to use it to support inpatient status?
If you couldn't answer those two questions without hesitation, you're not alone. In fact, many don't know what documentation is required to capture an uncertain diagnosis and why this information is important on the history and physical (H&P) section in the medical record.
The good news for you and your team is that this exclusive ICD10monitor webcast will help you better understand the complexities of documentation in 2019. The upcoming webcast will also show you not only how to document in order to support the optimization of the DRG, but also how the appropriate reporting of quality metrics and accurate documentation will support medical necessity of inpatient status. This webcast, led by physician educator Timothy Brundage, MD, will make extensive use of clinical scenarios to help you better understand new documentation concepts. Moreover, Dr. Brundage will review basic coding elements that will support accurate reporting of quality metrics in the new era of value-based care.
Why This is Relevant:
Accurate reporting of quality metrics in the era of value-based care is critically important in order to thrive as the Medicare is now focused on pay for performance, not volume.
Take this quick quiz and see if you and your team, like so many others, struggle with fully comprehending SOFA criteria and how to use it to support inpatient status as we move into FY19.
- Do you know the SOFA criteria and how to use it to support inpatient status?
- Do you know the respiratory failure criteria and how to use it to support inpatient status?
- Do you know the documentation required to capture an uncertain diagnosis and why this is important on the H&P?
- Do you know the CMS rules regarding POA status and calculated risk adjusted expected mortality?
From this exclusive ICD10monitor webcast you will…
- Learn how to document in order to optimize quality reporting
- Know how to optimize the APR-DRG SOI/ROM
- Learn how to document to support medical necessity of admission
- Gain an understanding of the basics of coding and query
- Learn the basics of clinical documentation integrity (CDI) as it relates to clinical criteria