As HCCs start to permeate the vocabulary of the C-Suite, it's critical for HIM professionals to understand and be fluent in the fundamentals of HCCs— their impact on the financial condition of the organization, and the unique characteristics of the various HCC models. Physician and provider documentation is as important in achieving entitled reimbursement under an HCC model as it is in a DRG environment. Translating that value to physicians and providers will be imperative. Managing the data from HCCs could also lead to patient care possibilities where HIM professionals can take the lead and facilitate positive changes.
Nationally-recognized HIM expert Rose Dunn will lead this essential webcast, one that is designed to help HIM professionals to lead the documentation improvement activities that will benefit their organizations.
From this exclusive ICD10monitor webcast, you will…
- Learn how to clearly delineate the foundational basics of hierarchical condition categories.
- Know how to explain the difference between HCCs, DRGs and APCs, related and unrelated conditions, RAFs and relative values, valid and invalid documentation, and the financial impact of each of these situations.
- Understand how to distinguish between the various HCC models and populations served.
- Learn how to identify documentation initiatives and understand how these may benefit inpatient, outpatient and practice coding and reimbursement.
- Recognize the potential of HCC data to enhance research and patient care.