Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease affects more than 5 million Americans. Understanding the disease process and the inter-relationship with emphysema, bronchitis, and asthma is important for accurate coding. This chronic condition requires clear, specific, and accurate documentation to assign the appropriate ICD-10-CM code(s). Guidelines for COPD have changed over time and they provide valuable guidance to assist the coding and clinical documentation integrity (CDI) professional and others in being compliant. During this important webcast, you will become more familiar with these guidelines that help you code COPD in exacerbation and COPD with pneumonia, asthma, and bronchitis.
Why This is Relevant:
Understanding the disease process, coding guidelines and sequencing of COPD for outpatient or inpatient encounters such as chronic bronchitis, emphysema, asthma and pneumonia is critical for coding accuracy, medical necessity, and reimbursement. As more are diagnosed with COPD, the coding guidelines and rules continue to evolve and change. This exclusive educational webcast will provide you everything you need to know.
During this unprecedented webcast conducted by nationally-recognized HIM coding authority Gloryanne Bryant, you will…
- Understand the disease process of COPD
- Learn about the ICD-10-CM Official Coding & Reporting Guidelines and Chapter 10 guidelines for COPD coding
- Understand the ICD-10-CM sequencing of COPD
- Learn how to analyze case scenarios and when to query for the coding of COPD
- Discover key steps to documentation and coding improvement