Is this happening to you? Do you have problems getting your providers to document respiratory failure when it is present? Do you have problems with providers documenting respiratory failure when it isn't present, setting up clinical validation denials? You're not alone. The good news is that Dr. Erica Remer will clearly explain the clinical indicators, so you can identify respiratory distress, hypoxemia, hypercarbia, and respiratory failure, including these indicators in the postoperative setting.
Why This is Relevant:
Respiratory failure indicates severe pathology and is life-threatening. Providers either don't make the diagnosis when it is present or call everything respiratory failure and set up their institutions for clinical validation denials. As an attendee you will be able to recognize respiratory failure and will be able to compose compliant queries and prevent denials.
From this important webcast, you will be empowered to…
- Recognize clinical indicators for respiratory failure
- Distinguish between respiratory failure and other conditions, like respiratory distress and hypoxia
- Compose compliant traditional and clinical validation queries regarding respiratory failure
- Understand postoperative respiratory failure
- Mitigate risks associated with respiratory failure denials