Considering the pervasiveness of pneumonia in the U.S. — about 3 million cases are diagnosed annually — ICD-10-CM coding for the disease should be a slam-dunk, right? Not so fast. Pneumonia comes in a variety of forms, including bacterial, viral, fungal and parasitic, and it's frequently accompanied by other health conditions, such as COPD and COVID-19. Given so many variables, there's a high likelihood of confusion and costly coding mistakes.
Clearing up the confusion surrounding ICD-10-CM coding for pneumonia starts with a solid understanding of its clinical indicators, as well as official coding guidelines and instructions. You also need to know when to query the provider for pneumonia specificity — essential for compliant documentation and accurate coding. Expect clear-cut guidance through these and other must-know topics when you join us for this ICD10monitor webcast presented by acclaimed coding and CDI expert Gloryanne Bryant.
Why This is Relevant:
It couldn't be any simpler: The more accurate your ICD-10-CM coding for pneumonia, the greater the accuracy of the MS-DRGs that drive payments for services rendered. But MS-DRGs can be skewed by erroneous code selections, which are often caused by a misunderstanding of clinical indicators and coding guidelines. This timely webcast will deliver the guidance your coders and CDI staff need to ensure correct ICD-10-CM coding.
By the way, we've received numerous requests for a webcast on this topic — and now we're happy to oblige!
Take this brief quiz to see if you and your team could benefit from this webcast:
- How is "Lobar Pneumonia" coded in ICD-10-CM?
- What are the clinical aspects of aspiration pneumonia and bronchopneumonia?
- Should you query the provider when both pneumonia and COPD are present?
- How do you code pneumonia with COVID-19?
- Understand key clinical definitions of pneumonia in its various forms
- Get a grasp on essential clinical and coding facts specific to pneumonia and several associated conditions, including COPD and COVID-19
- Comprehend official guidelines and instructions for the coding and reporting of pneumonia
- How to apply key concepts and critical thinking through analysis and review of pneumonia case scenarios
- Time permitting, responses to questions submitted by attendees
Who Should Attend:
This webcast will be most relevant to HIM inpatient and outpatient hospital coders, physician office coders, CDI management and staff, coding compliance staff, coding auditors and educators, and urgent care and emergency department coders.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.