An unfortunate convergence of factors — faulty interpretation and application of coding guidelines, unfamiliarity with how obstetrics procedures are performed and an inability to translate common OB documentation elements into ICD-10-CM/PCS codes — could have significant revenue and compliance implications for your facility.
In this ICD10monitor webcast, prominent coding and revenue cycle expert Cari Greenwood takes on the extreme complexities and confusion inherent with ICD-10-CM/PCS coding for OB services.
Cari understands your ICD-10-CM/PCS coding challenges, such as determining the correct seventh characters for trimester; understanding how products of conception are defined under PCS; coding for diabetes during pregnancy; and selecting the correct root operation for reporting an episiotomy. Tapping into her trusted instruction and insights, you'll be better equipped to interpret and apply coding guidelines specific to OB diagnoses and procedures, resulting in more accurate, complete and compliant code assignments.
Why This is Relevant:
Is your facility falling short of capturing every legitimate dollar of revenue for OB services? Or are you overbilling and increasing your risk for adverse auditor action? Both scenarios can exact a heavy toll on your organization's finances and staff time. By clearing up common areas of confusion and questions, you'll get your ICD-10-CM/PCS coding on the right track — toward meeting your revenue and compliance objectives.
- Gain proficiency in applying select guidelines from ICD-10-CM Chapter 15
- Understand the relationship between select Chapter 15 guidelines and guidelines from other ICD-10-CM chapters
- Recognize the documentation elements that enable the highest level of specificity in your ICD-10-CM/PCS coding
- Know how to define products of conception in the context of ICD-10-PCS code assignments
- Master the definitions of common ICD-10-PCS character values related to OB coding
Who Should Attend:
Inpatient coders, inpatient auditors, coding supervisors/managers and clinical documentation integrity (CDI) specialists.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.