Are you confused about the different types of Myocardial Infarctions (MIs)? Is poor documentation causing frequent querying for MIs? Has your facility mastered the new ICD-10-CM coding guidelines for MIs? Are your coders, Clinical Documentation Integrity Specialists (CDISs), and clinicians on the same page, or is there a coding-clinical disconnect when it comes to MIs? If so, we have your answers. By attending this exclusive ICD10monitor webcast featuring Erica Remer, MD, you and your team will learn how to recognize different types and etiologies of MIs, compose compliant queries, and correctly apply coding guidelines.
Why This is Relevant:
A diagnosis of Type II Myocardial Infarctions is associated with a poor prognosis and can affect quality metrics. Confusion surrounding the Third Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction has led to providers under- and over-diagnosing Type II MIs, setting up their institutions for clinical validation denials. Attendees will not only gain a better understanding of the unique ICD-10-CM guidelines regarding MIs, but will also be able to recognize Type II Myocardial Infarctions, and compose compliant queries, prevent denials, and bridge the clinical-coding disconnect.
At the end of this important webcast, you will be empowered to accomplish the following…
- Distinguish between different types of myocardial infarction according to the Third Universal Definition of Myocardial Infarction
- Understand the etiologies of different types of MI
- Apply coding guidelines to myocardial infarction
- Recognize clinical indicators in the medical record suggesting Type 2 MI
- Compose compliant traditional and clinical validation queries regarding myocardial infarction.