Understanding clinical conditions and how they relate - or don’t - to coding rules is a must for correct code assignment and for CDI improvements in facilities. Oftentimes, coders struggle with correct code assignment and get frustrated with the rules when a deeper understanding of the clinical condition and clinical indicators (the reason behind the why) will help take out those frustrations and allow for seamless coding.
Join Rhonda Buckholtz as she uses some of the nation’s costliest chronic conditions to show you how understanding the entire clinical condition will help you master the â€œwhysâ€ behind the guidelines, clinical indicators, and coding parameters that may be causing you frustration â€“ ultimately leading to seamless coding.
Why This is Relevant:
Years after implementing ICD-10-CM, coders and others still struggle on key coding guidelines and correct code assignment. Understanding how to correctly interpret the coding guidelines and how the clinical condition intersects with them is key to successfully navigating CDI, HCC and correct coding as explained in this upcoming webcast.
From this exclusive ICD10monitor webcast you willâ€¦
- Understand the costliest chronic conditions in U.S. healthcare
- Learn how to use medical policy and clinical indicators to their fullest
- Determine the best resource for assigning the most appropriate codes in absence of guidelines
- Take away key insight into the most problematic guidelines still plaquing coders
- Learn how your CDI efforts can benefit from in-depth understanding of clinical indicators
Who Should Attend:
This important webcast will be most relevant to these healthcare professionals: HIM directors, coding managers and coders; and clinical documentation integrity specialists.