Our customers have asked us: "Can you offer a webcast that covers ICD-10-CM coding for diagnostic radiology?" We're pleased to oblige with this new session! Taking you deep into one of the most challenging areas of specialization for coders is highly acclaimed educator and consultant Terry Fletcher BS, CPC, CCC, CEMC, CCS, CCS-P, CMC, CMCS, ACS-CA, SCP-CA, QMCRC, QMGC.
If you've coded diagnostic radiology, you know that it comes with unique specificity requirements — often leading to major confusion. Using real-world examples to illustrate, Terry will help you clearly differentiate your various code options, based on detail contained in reports, orders and physician notes. With this bolstered knowledge, you'll also be better prepared for even more specific codes coming in the future.
Why This is Relevant:
Your facility strives to capture every legitimate dollar of reimbursement for diagnostic radiology services. But could you defend your claims in an audit? Each incremental decision and every piece of documentation are critical for submitting viable diagnostic radiology claims. For instance, do you understand the various nuances of the seventh character "A" (active treatment) for an initial encounter? This is just one example of the many specific, practical topics covered in this essential webcast.
From this webcast, you will…
- Understand when it's appropriate to report a sign or symptom versus a definitive diagnosis;
- Learn about laterality and which anatomical sites require it;
- Gain a clear understanding of the term "healing status" with a fracture diagnosis;
- Get diagnosis assistance for CT, MRI and ultrasound authorizations; and
- Learn how to distinguish among the distinct types of encounters, including initial, subsequent, sequela and late effect.
Who Should Attend:
This webcast will be most beneficial to coders, billing and collections staff, x-ray technicians, physicians and medical professionals in charge of code capture.