Optimized for medical necessity and reimbursement understanding, this all-in-one resource focuses on the most important CPT® and HCPCS codes for urology and nephrology, plus medicine and ancillary services chosen by experts who have taken into consideration utilization, denial risk and complexity.
CPT® Coding Essentials optimizes both CPT and ICD-10 code selection with helpful CPT-to-ICD-10-CM crosswalks and detailed explanations of anatomy, physiology and documentation. Other than the AMA CPT® Professional Edition codebook, this is the only book in the market with verbatim CPT-panel–approved guidelines and parenthetical information specific to urology and nephrology.
This is the ideal daily companion featuring useful, definitive specialty-specific coding information beyond what is provided in a full procedural codebook.
Urology and nephrology coding and billing knowledge available in a single volume, conveniently superseding the need for multiple resources or years of experience.
Features and Benefits
- A subset of specialty-specific CPT® codes chosen by experts based on utilization, denial risk and complexity
- Official AMA coding guidelines pertinent to the specialty and not available in any other specialty codebooks in the market
- Official code-specific CPT® parenthetical instructions
- Plain English descriptors that clarify for the reader the details of the service represented by the CPT® code
- CPT® Assistant citations
- Procedural illustrations
- Crosswalks from CPT® to ICD-10-CM
- National Correct Coding Initiative (CCI) edits to identify bundled and separately billable codes
- CMS Pub 100 billing guidance citations
- Facility and non-facility relative value units (RVUs) including global surgery days, physician work and practice, malpractice and total expenses as well as those modifiers that can affect relative values
- Additional chapters on terminology and anatomy, HCPCS codes, CPT® modifiers and ICD-10-CM coding and documentation practices
- Appendixes offering clinical documentation checklists and evaluation and management (E/M) guidelines
Urology and nephrology coders or coders in multi-specialty clinics; coding or billing managers, practice managers, auditors in payer organizations, outpatient facility coders, CPT® coding consultants and educators.
CPT® is a registered trademark of the American Medical Association.