This study guide prepares candidates for the Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) exam. Each section reviews core content established by the CCDS Certification Board and contains sample questions for self-testing.
The exam incorporates the Official ICD-10-CM Guidelines for Coding and Reporting as well as critical Coding Clinic ICD-10 guidance related to documentation and querying.
To help candidates prepare for this exam, the best-selling
CCDS Exam Study Guide targets the test objectives and content outline prepared by the CCDS Certification Board, letting candidates focus their time on areas of CDI practice with which they are least familiar.
CCDS Exam Study Guide comes with an online practice exam, allowing prospective examinees to practice and get instant results—just like the certification exam offers.
The CCDS Exam Study Guide, Third Edition will:
- Help candidates determine whether they are ready to take the CCDS exam
- Give qualified candidates the confidence they need to succeed
- Provide sample questions for self-assessment
- Deliver proven test-taking strategies and “day of the test” tips
The CCDS Exam Study Guide reviews:
- The inpatient prospective payment system (IPPS)
- ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting and selected entries from AHA Coding Clinic for ICD-10-CM
- Query processes and procedures
- Common clinical conditions and indicators for query opportunities
- CDI program metrics and data analytics
- RAC preparedness and CDI ethics
- The impact of reportable diagnoses on quality of care
Each chapter reviews CDI program principles and contains sample questions for self-testing. Click here to learn more about prerequisites for taking the exam or to apply.
ABOUT THE CCDS CREDENTIAL
The CCDS credential is the recognized certification for professionals in the clinical documentation improvement field.
Professionals who obtain the CCDS credential have:
- Demonstrated a clinical knowledge base
- Shown competencies in DRG validation and core coding principles
- Illustrated verbal and written physician query techniques
- Developed concurrent medical record analysis capabilities
- Incorporated compliance initiatives into their CDI programs
To learn more about prerequisites for taking the exam or to apply, visit