Review of the American Hospital Association's (AHA) ICD-10-CM/PCS Quarterly Coding Clinic guidance is vital to ensure appropriate and correct assignment of codes. Each quarter the AHA examines outstanding coding issues, new procedures and technology as well as providing updates to previous coding guidance. Having an expert at your fingertips to help make sense of the guidance— putting it into real-world examples— can help coding professionals to fully master current requirements and guidelines.
Now, back by popular demand, ICD10monitor is offering an exclusive series of on-demand webcasts that will review important information released in each of the 2020 AHA ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Clinics. The first quarter update, led by nationally respected HIM and coding professional Gloryanne Bryant, will review and report on the guidance given on EVALI, malnutrition and Coronavirus diagnosis as well as CPAP, Unifocalization, and Polarity Skin Graft procedure coding, so that you and your team are up-to-date and on the same page with compliant coding guidelines. Subscribe now to receive an information-packed, well-organized and straightforward on-demand recap of the first quarter Coding Clinic shortly after the official AHA guidance is published.+
Take a look at what was covered in the ICD10monitor 2019 First Quarter Update:
Diagnosis updates on specific coding criteria for emphysema, COPD with other conditions, and HIV with other conditions; plus, PCS guidance on coding Whipple Procedure.
Testimonials from 2019 Attendees:
- Well organized recap of the Coding Clinic.
- It did not just cover the current Coding Clinics but also provided some historical background and coding tips and insight.
- Very informative, quick with the latest information to date.
- Procedures and diagnoses were explained well, along with the reasoning for the code assignments.
Why This is Relevant:
The AHA ICD-10-CM/PCS Coding Clinic serves as the regulatory foundation for application of codes to conditions and procedures and identifies the appropriate situation(s) in which to apply or not apply and submit codes for reimbursement purposes. The coding professional is responsible for maintaining their skills and ensuring that compliant coding is practiced in order to ensure the organization's revenue and data integrity.
Documentation is linked to clinical coding and understanding the coding rules will assist in knowing when to query.
- Review first quarter guidance and advice for all settings on ICD-10-CM, including Vaping Related Lung Injury (EVALI), Malnutrition, and Coronavirus
- Review and learn specific guidance and advice on ICD-10-PCS, including CPAP, Unifocalization, and Polarity Skin Graft
- Gain new knowledge regarding diagnosis and inpatient procedure coding
- Enhance clinical knowledge
- Learn how certain clinical scenarios should be coded
Who Should Attend:
Coding educators, coding compliance staff, clinical documentation integrity specialists (CDISs) CDI physician advisors, directors, staff, supervisors and managers, health information management (HIM) professionals, coding professionals, coding auditing professionals and coding managers.
+ Due to the nature of the content being reviewed, we do not have an exact date that the on-demand session will be available. We will make every effort to provide the on-demand within 3 weeks of the AHA's publication.
Webcast Access Privileges: Only one login is allowed per webcast purchased. Discounted pricing for additional registrants is available. For more information about webcast pricing and requirements, click here.