Plain English Descriptions for ICD-10-CM provides non-clinical coders with explanations of diseases and medical conditions to ensure complete understanding that leads to complete coding.
With this handy reference at the ready, coders, clinicians, payers and other health care professionals will greatly improve medical necessity decision-making in support of CPT procedures and find it easier to connect medical record documentation to the correct reason for the service.
Designed to work with the ICD-10-CM code book, each code category/code range is listed sequentially with its actual ICD code description along with a concise explanation of physiology and etiology components encompassed by the code.
- UPDATED! New and revised listings—now with even more ICD-10-CM descriptions, including updates based on 2017 changes
- Plain English Descriptions—for more than 4,500 ICD-10-CM codes and categories
- ICD-10-CM Official Coding Guidelines
- Detailed, full-page anatomy illustrations—to interpret clinical notes and code with greater specificity
- Numerical arrangement—mirroring the structure of the official ICD-10-CM code set
- Diagnostic syndromes—understand what symptoms and/or diseases are included
- Prefixes and suffixes—for commonly used medical terms
- Increase coding accuracy with comprehensive clinical, coding and documentation guidance.
- Reduce claims denials by mastering the rules of ICD-10-CM coding.
- Boost coding speed and accuracy, better interpret clinical notes and code with greater specificity.
- Understand unfamiliar terms, prefixes and suffixes used in the medical record.