In 2017, many CPT code changes will take effect. This edition of CPT Changes will explain changes throughout the entire code set, including the following areas with some of the most noteworthy changes: Bone Biopsy; Physical Medicine; Laryngeal; Mammography; Hemodialysis Access; Vaccines; Drug Testing; Moderate Sedation and a new modifier and appendix for synchronous telemedicine services.
The new 2017 edition features a highly praised new format that includes:
- Larger page size and spiral binding
- Color-coded headings and tabs for easy navigation
- Four-color pages to parallel CPT Professional
- Two-column page layout for easier reading
- Enhanced rationales to communicate the reasons for — and the implications of — the changes
- Useful tables at the beginning of each section summarizing the code changes within that section
- Subject-code index for quick search and access to codes and procedures
AMA is the authority to turn to when seeking an official interpretation and explanation for a CPT code or guideline change. Know the changes inside and out. Avoid and reduce claim denials.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Organizational structure similar to the CPT codebook—allows coders to easily conduct a side-by-side read of CPT® Changes with the CPT® Professional Edition codebook
- Official AMA rationales—provide a detailed explanation for the code or guideline change
- Clinical examples, procedural descriptions and illustrations—help explain the practical application for each change
- At-a-glance summary table of 2017 changes in each section—shows the extent to which the changes affect a particular specialty
KEY SELLING POINTS
- Companion for the latest edition of the CPT codebook—serves as a good cross-reference for the codebook by providing users with extended and practical explanations and applications for each change in the codebook
- Consolidates and condenses all of the changes from the latest codebook
- Provides reasons why and how a code may have been revised, deleted and added, and the implication of the changes to a user
- Provides descriptions of the services and/or procedures of typical clinical examples to showcase or highlight these changes in order to illustrate how to use and report the new and/or revised codes
"This annual edition of the CPT code changes is an essential reference for the CPT coder and biller. I cannot imagine using the new codes without the explanations this book provides."
—LouAnn Schraffenberger, MBA, RHIA, CCS, CCS-P
Coding professionals, physicians, allied health professionals, medical office staff, coding consultants, educators, trainers and insurance carrier staff