There's a national epidemic that is significantly impacting America's hospitals. It is the tyranny of DRG downgrading.
No doubt you and your facility are also struggling to comply with professional coding and billing standards while having to address the often arbitrary requirements of third-party vendors. You must adhere to legal and ethical standards of coding and billing while these auditors often impose arbitrary requirements of their own invention. The result of this current trend is that your facility's quality indicators and revenue can be adversely impacted by these standards.
Fortunately, during this upcoming timely and important webcast, you will benefit from learning how Mount Sinai Health System is addressing diagnosis-related group (DRG) downgrades, including their successes, challenges, and future goals.
From this time-sensitive webcast you will be able to...
- Identify current trends in DRG downgrading
- Discuss the interdepartmental process required for DRG appeals
- Understand the roles of coding and clinical documentation improvement (CDI) professionals
- Assess the key issue of relying on coding guidelines versus clinical indicators
- Understand the impact of DRG downgrading