The 2018 Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) code changes include some codes that are more impactful than others, and therefore, require the utmost level of understanding.
Critical as it may be, understanding impactful code changes is only a portion of the IPPS updates that must be navigated to ensure continued success. Other important changes include; DRG methodology, DRG weight, payment determination for new technology, even changes to the all-important HAC/PSI initiative. Mastering these changes is necessary in order to maintain your coding performance momentum.
- Understand the strategies for the proficient assignment of impactful new diagnosis and procedure codes
- Learn about the changes to the MS-DRG system including weight adjustment
- Recognize changes applicable to the New Technology Add-On Payment (NTAP) program.
- Understand changes applicable to CMS HAC/PSI initiative
- Listen and learn suggestions for preparing your organization for future IPPS changes
IMPORTANT: This year, ICD10monitor strongly urges you to have your compliance professionals register for this series.