Coding and documenting medical necessity correctly is a challenge frustrating hospitals, physicians, coders, clinical documentation integrity specialists and others alike. In fact, the ripple effect of not justifying medical necessity goes all the way to the top of the organization—the c-suite and the board of directors.
Fortunately, this webcast will help you gain a better understanding of medical necessity by providing you with important documentation tips to support medical necessity. You'll learn how payers view medical necessity differently than providers, and you'll receive valuable resources you can use in your organization to ensure compliance and getting paid for services provided.
Why This Matters:
Medical necessity is critical in getting paid for a hospitalization, procedure or service. Documentation and the appropriate diagnosis code(s) are key in getting paid right the first time.
Conducted by nationally recognized coding and documentation authority Deborah Grider, you will...
- Understand what medical necessity means to the provider versus the payer.
- Learn how documentation plays an important role in supporting medical necessity.
- Receive tips on how medical necessity is supported in the medical record and on the claim you submit.
- Learn about how a payer's medical policy is imperative in supporting medical necessity.
- Gain an understanding of how to access key official sources and how to use resources to defend denials based on additional diagnoses.