Goodbye Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) and Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS). Hello MACRA— the Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act, with its two roads to reimbursement. Each road, however, has its own speed bumps as you'll discover when nationally renowned HIM authority Rose Dunn leads this time-sensitive webcast that simplifies more than the 2,000 pages of the final rule that is MACRA.
You'll learn that your facility or practice can pursue either the merit-based incentive payment system (MIPS) or the alternative payment model (APM). But time is running out to decide which reimbursement path you'll travel to be reimbursed for services provided to Medicare beneficiaries.
That's because reimbursement under either system will be effective in 2019. But data collection and reporting are effective now—Jan. 1, 2017. Here's the rub: Failure to select and report measures in 2017 may result in as much as 4 percent payment penalty in 2019. So, register now and learn the upside to participating in either the MIPs or the APM. The choice will be yours. But only an informed decision will come from this important webcast.
Rose Dunn will summarize the salient points of MACRA for you and your team. She will discuss how to determine whether your practice qualifies to participate in the MIPS or the APM and what you need to do to meet the reporting requirements, where and how to select your measures, how the reporting will be weighted, the payment schemas, and who should be on your team assisting you with your readiness. Additionally, she will share how this data will be transparent for all of your competitors and potential clients to see.
From this important webcast you will...
- Learn whether your providers are MIP or APM qualified
- Understand the criteria for MIPS Composite Scoring and opportunities for bonus points
- Be able to distinguish between APM and advanced alternative payment model (AAPM)
- Learn about anticipated changes to MACRA for the foreseeable future
- Come to recognize the financial penalties of failure to actively participate and how active participation will shape your public profile